One plan to rule them all: MaxisONE™ plan
What if I told you that there is one postpaid plan, where you can make unlimited voice calls and send SMS free to any telco networks? What if I told you that you will have “Always On” internet, even if you already finished the data quota? What if I told you, if there is a postpaid plan with a flat rate roaming charges in 106 countries? Well search no more, there is one postpaid plan to rule them all, introducing MaxisONE™ plan.
I was invited to a media briefing for the all new postpaid plan from Maxis called MaxisONE™ plan. The briefing was conducted by Dushyan Vaithiyanathan, Maxis’ Head of Consumer Business, accompanied by Anthony Ho, Head of Sabah Region and Aletheia Parameswaran, Head of Postpaid, Consumer Business.
While internet plan became more and more needed in today’s connected society, having a simple voice calls and SMS is still needed. Thats why Maxis comes up with a great all rounder postpaid plan from as low as RM78/month with 1GB internet quota to go with it.
In a nutshell, this is what the MaxisONE™ plan offers:
- Limitless voice calls (mobile & fixed) and free SMS to all networks: You never have to worry about paying for voice or SMS, ever again.
- The Internet, Always On: Even if you finish your allocated high speed quota, you can continue surfing with free basic internet (just like Maxis #hotlink prepaid plan), which allows you to enjoy applications such as Whatsapp, Line, WeChat, Facebook, Twitter as well as websites that do not require high speed internet. If you want to go back to surfing on high speed internet (3G/4G), data boosters are available from as low as RM10 for 200MB.
- Roam the world (106 countries) at one low flat rate of RM38/day: With one flat rate, say goodbye to pay-per-use charges. You won’t be charged after exceeding your quota, but if you want to continue to use high speed data, just purchase another pass at the same flat rate.
To commemorate the postpaid launch, these smartphones are available for FREE when you subscribe with MaxisONE plan: The smartphones available are: Huawei Y530, HTC Desire 310, Huawei Y330, Samsung Galaxy Ace 3. You can also check great offers for these smartphones too;
- Sony Xperia Z2
- Sony Xperia M2
- Xiaomi Mi3
- HTC Desire 816
The MaxisONE plan has been simplified into two plan options, the MaxisONE plan lite, and the MaxisONE plan:
Existing postpaid plan customers can change or upgrade to the MaxisONE™ plan as long as they are not bound by any contract. To sign up now, visit any Maxis Centre or Maxis Exclusive Partner store nationwide or visit our Maxis Online Store. For more information on the MaxisONE™ plan, please visit www.maxis.com.my.
I’ve enjoyed using Maxis #hotlink prepaid, and this postpaid plan is perfect for customer who would like to have monthly commitment and fast internet on the go. I’ve also met up with Ana Jonessy and Calista during the media briefing, I can say we enjoyed much funny conversations that day.
MaxisONE™ plan FAQ
- What does on-net & all-net calls/SMS mean?
- On-net calls/SMS: To Maxis or Hotlink numbers only (excludes fixed lines, video calls, special numbers & toll-free 1-300/1-800 numbers)
- All-net calls/SMS: To ALL networks i.e. to Maxis or Hotlink, other mobile operators and fixed lines (excludes video calls, special numbers & toll-free e.g. 32000 numbers from external content providers, 1-300/1-800 numbers)
- Can customers change their current postpaid plan to the MaxisONE plan?
- Customers are able to sign up for the MaxisONE plan as long as they are not bound by any current contract with Maxis.
- Can customers upgrade to a higher rate plan which gives them more mobile internet quota?
- A customer can upgrade their MaxisONE plan at RM30 per 1GB until a maximum of 6GB (which is the total data allocation per bill cycle).
- All they need to do is call the Contact Centre by dialling 123 from their Maxis mobile phone or by just walking in to any Maxis Services Centre or Maxis Exclusive Partner (MEP).
- What happens if I finish my pre-allocated quota before the end of my bill cycle?
- If you finish your pre-allocated Mobile Internet quota before the end of their bill cycle, you will be able to upgrade your quota by purchasing data boosters exclusive to the MaxisONE plan via the following channels:
- UMB menu (*100*7*9#)
- USSD string (*136*9#) or
- WAP Portal (https://m.maxis.com.my/mi)
- Customers can boost their data from as low as RM10 for 200MB, followed by RM20 for 500MB, and RM30 for 1GB. These are applicable for both MaxisONE plan and MaxisONE plan Lite
- What happens when a customer has used up their quota from their RM38/day data roaming pass?
- Upon reaching their quota, customers can still enjoy the pass at reduced speed without having to pay anything extra. However, should they wish to continue with high speed internet, then they may purchase another pass at the same flat rate of RM38.
- If a customer subscribes to the MaxisONE plan or MaxisONE plan lite, are they entitled to sign up for a supplementary line as well?
- Yes, they are eligible to sign up for three supplementary plans – the SurfMore 30, ValuePlus Family 30 & ValuePlus Internet 30
MaxisONE™ plan, One plan to rule them all.