A list of Pos Malaysia stamp issues for 2015 [Update]
A new year means another new cycle of stamp issues from Pos Malaysia. Since I love to have more varieties of stamps for postcrossing, I should get eachand every issue in 2015. Check out this list which I grabbed from their website, please do note that the schedule is tentative and may change over time.
*Update 11 November 2015
Not much of an update since its close to the end of the year,
- A special event for FourNation Stamp Exhibition will take place on December 4 – 6, 2015. Folks in West Malaysia, be sure not to miss this.
*Update 22 September 2015
Kinda late to update this, but here goes;
A special joint-issue Panda postcard by Pos Malaysia and Zoo Negara was released on September 8, 2015. It was limited to 10,000 sets (5 postcards/set) at RM9.00 each. I didn’t realized about this until a week later, fortunately I obtained myself 4 sets of them.
- Pulau-pulau & Pantai Siri 3 release date shifted to November 17, 2015.
- Pameran 4 Negara release date shifted to December 4, 2015.
- Pengangkutan Awam di Malaysia (Sabah & Sarawak) name was reverted to previous theme, Pengangkutan Awam Malaysia (Keretapi di Sabah). Release date is set on December 15, 2015.
- Perak & Johor’s Definitif Siri Negeri is still TBA.
*Update End of August 2015
We got major changes here, new tentative special issues are added to replace few issue from the old schedule.
- Hari Kebangsaan & Hari Malaysia special issue was added, it will be released on September 15, 2015. I believe it replaces the previous name, Bapa Pengasas Malaysia.
- Pameran 4 Negara & Minggu Setem special issue will be separated into 2 occasions. Minggu Setem release date will be on October 7, 2015, while the Pameran 4 Negara release date will be on December 21, 2015.
- Pulau-pulau & Pantai-pantai Siri 3 special issue release date is moved to October 22, 2015.
- Komuniti Posmen, Tarian Tradisional Siri II, and Keretapi-keretapi di Sabah special issue was removed.
- Pengangkutan Awam di Malaysia (Sabah & Sarawak) was added into the special issue list, release date will be on November 25, 2015. I believe this replaces the previous Keretapi-keretapi di Sabah issue.
- Perak & Johor state will get Definitif Siri Negeri, but the release date is to be announced on later date.
*Update End of July 2015
Please note that the sale date for Joint Stamp Issue of ASEAN Community is on the August 10, 2015. Everything else remained unchanged.
*Update May 2015
Some major changes to the listing.
- Burung Pucung (Heron) issue was previously named Burung Unggas – Stork, Bangau.
- Komuniti Posmen issue was previously named Kehidupan Posmen.
- Keretapi-keretapi di Sabah issue was previously named Pengangkutan Awam Malaysia (Sabah & Sarawak).
- Tarian Tradisional Siri II issue date is moved from July to November.
*Update April 2015
Please take note on the big date changes for some stamp issue, Sambutan 175 Tahun Setem Penny Black/175th Anniversary of Penny Black issue day is moved to April 30, 2015.
*Update March 2015
A new commemorative stamp issue is added to the list, Sambutan 175 Tahun Setem Penny Black/175th Anniversary of Penny Black will be issued on April 23, 2015. Please also note the changes of names and issue date for the rest of the commemorative as well as special stamp issues.
C – Commemorative issue
S – Special Issue
D – Definitive Issue
Stamp issues that I look forward to acquire are the Malaysia-Thailand joint issue, Calligraphy, Postman Community and ITU 150 Years. Have to take another note though, these issues may come in standard pricing (20 x RM0.60) per sheet, or well about RM5 – 10 per stamp. The only best way to check the prices is to visit their website, pos.com.my, from time to time. 🙂
Time to buy me some stamps.